Speculating on rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime for many fans, perhaps right after watching matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors from the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that: rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating in the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take everything with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- Insider P.W. says that one of the big changes that has happened in WWE recently has been the easing of restrictions on wrestler promotions. They are allowed to improvise more.
- This apparently includes matches, as they were also told the Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus match on Smack down last week, much of it was called to the ring instead of being pre-planned.
- Fighting selection notes that, unsurprisingly, there’s a lot of optimism within WWE and even outside of it around Triple H now running Creative. Morale is good right now.
- On Wrestling Observer RadioDave Meltzer said Ronda Rousey is warned for the Showdown at the Castle PPV, so his suspension won’t last very long.
- A recent AEW trademark filing for “All Elite Women” led to speculation that a new show will be created for the women on the roster.
If you’ve heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember that these are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check out our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be true.