David Electronic mail / Android Authority
I am not one to screen-down my smartphone on a flat floor, however it seems that some coworkers truly do that after I requested this query in a piece Slack group.
So I believed it could be a good suggestion to show this query into android authorization To offer readers a greater thought of how many individuals do that. Here is what you advised us in our latest survey.
Have you ever ever positioned your smartphone display screen on a floor?
This was an enormous opinion ballot after we posted it on Wednesday, garnering over 24,400 votes. It seems that the preferred possibility is “sure, typically”, with 40.07% of respondents selecting this selection. Reader feedback supporting this stance level to the flip-to-silence characteristic, or typically face-to-face in sure conditions (akin to work).
In the meantime, 32.66% of polled readers say they all the time hold their telephones face down. At the least one reader talked about within the feedback that they all the time put their cellphone display screen down in order that the cameras do not scratch. Some readers have additionally rightly identified that many cellphone instances embrace a lip across the display screen so your cellphone would not contact the show floor if it is face down.
associated: Our information to selecting the perfect case to your new cellphone
Lastly, 27.27% of respondents say they by no means go away their cellphone the other way up. Some readers pointed to considerations about scratching or dirtying the display screen, or simply utilizing the All the time On show performance.
Nonetheless, the survey clearly reveals that over 70% of the respondents left their telephones screened-down no less than often. Perhaps Xiaomi was heading in the right direction with the secondary rear show on the Mi 11 Extremely.
- Marcus: I might put it down if it had lights to point vital issues
- Bonedatt: Since I do not normally use a display screen protector or case, I attempt to not make it a behavior to put down my display screen, face down. On the event after I do (to silence a cellphone name), I flip it again on nearly instantly after the DND (Do Not Disturb) characteristic is activated.
- Oozie Khoo: 90% of individuals nonetheless use instances – most of these instances have lips on the entrance show so scratches aren’t actually an issue with the display screen dealing with down
- Rrrockhound: Face down throughout a gathering at work, face in all places.
- Busyman96: Typically after I use flip to silence characteristic.
- Good Bot, Unhealthy Bot: I actually cannot consider why I might ever need to put my cellphone down. I assume I do that typically after I exit with my spouse for dinner.
- Francisco: I all the time hold my cellphone display screen down in order that my cameras do not get broken. I’ve a display screen protector on my display screen and I’ve a case anyway, so it isn’t like my display screen is getting broken.
- Will: I’ve a pleasant case with a giant high and backside lip, so I can put it down if I need with out touching the display screen floor and probably microscopic scratches. However I do not do that usually, besides after I fall asleep as a result of I like AOD Amoled for wi-fi charging and notifications.
- ProfPretzel: If my cellphone is flat on the floor it’s all the time display screen down. I’ve pets and am extra involved about damaging the display screen than the desk itself.
- Violet: I selected “sure, on a regular basis,” however I even have a glass display screen protector along with a Crave case to guard this silly curved display screen.
- Albert: I all the time put my cellphone face down as a result of I dropped one thing on my cellphone as soon as with my hand and it caught to the display screen, so my concern is from dropping one thing on the display screen like keys or one thing or a heavy or sharp object .
- Antheorama: Face up in order that the ambient show kicks in